In this series, a new Centre of Excellence in the name of Manav Rachna “Centre for Peace” (MRCP) is being established and shall be inaugurated on 4th October 2019, on the occasion of 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The center aims to start research activities at the university in this area. Besides the Center plans to introduce few elective courses in UG and PG level across all disciplines. This centre is going to be a think tank dedicated to promote peace, security and sustainability development.
This centre has been conceptualized with the generous support of Institute of Peace Research and Action (IPRA) involved in peace activities since last five decades. It has been involved in the past in dissemination of knowledge in the area of peace, completed many projects, published books. Conducted seminars, organized peace lecture series involving faculty and staff of reputed organizations. IPRA received financial support for the projects from Department of Education, MHRD, Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)), Ford Foundation, National Council of Educational Research and Training, Departments of Women and Child Development, and Department Of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, UNESCO and Sir Dorabji Tata Trust, Mumbai for a more peaceful and secure world.
To bring peace to humanity.
To study, conduct training, education and research in all aspects of peace.
To bring harmony to the society.
- To provide strategic and operational level decision-making and leadership training to enhance planning and management of multidimensional peace operations.
- To support the development of India peace operations to emerge as Peaceful New Bharat.
- To provide a repository of data across the entire spectrum of peace operations.
- To provide mission focused pre-deployment training at both tactical and operational levels.
- To start research, masters and undergraduate programme in Peace.
- To spread message of peace, security and sustainable developments amongst the youth.
MRCP will conduct training, education and research in all aspects of peace support operations in order to improve the effectiveness of the response to complex emergencies. The centre will provide research, policy analysis and advice across a range of themes including:-
- Comparative Traditions/Religions/Cultures
- Development for Peace
- Peace Educational
- Communication for Peace
- Grass-root Movements as a Constituency of Peace
- Peace through Disarmament, Arms Control and International Law
- Peace Operations
- Peace building
- Peace and Health
- Women, Peace and Security
- Sustaining Peace
- Energy and Security
- Sustainable Development
The center shall raise funds through grants, gifts, donations and voluntary contributions. Generous support and contributions from Governmental authorities, public bodies, charitable trusts, business and industry, philanthropic individuals and the academic community will give the center a head-start. We appreciate Crossed Cheques may kindly be made out in the name of Manav Rachna Centre of Peace, Manav Rachna University, Faridabad and mailed to the Coordinator, MRCP of the University.