Vision & Mission
To be a quality conscious, research-centric, and change-oriented technological leader in the relevant areas.
DM1 To develop and impart knowledge and skills in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
DM2 To encourage and support the generation and implementation of innovative ideas.
DM3 To focus on new techniques, tools, and technology, in an ethical and responsible manner.
DM4 To carry out collaborative interdisciplinary Academic and Research activities with a focus on Sustainable Development.
DM5 To create employment-ready human resources.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO-I: Core Competency
To inculcate analytical, design and implementation skills required to provide software solutions in industry.
To groom graduates to innovate, design and develop products to provide sustainable solutions to contemporary societal and business problems.
To instill the ability to work in teams, communicate effectively and lead as ethically and socially responsible professionals and entrepreneurs.
PEO-IV: Lifelong Learning
To foster the ability of Lifelong Learning to constantly adapt to emerging technologies, to pursue higher education and instill life skills for a successful career.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PSO1: Design and develop computer programs and possess acquaintance with emerging technologies and open-source platforms in the area of mobile app development, artificial intelligence, machine learning, web development, data analytics, cloud computing, networking, cyber security, gaming and animation to build effective computer-based systems.
PSO2: Acquire technical competency to deliver computer-based innovative and effective solutions to tackle business and societal challenges, for pursuing successful career, entrepreneurship, research and higher studies.