Pursue PhD at Manav Rachna University
- Best Infrastructure
- Industry driven programmes
- Experienced and Highly Qualified Faculty
- Well Equipped Labs & Centres of Excellence
- Diamond Rating: for Teaching/Learning, Faculty Quality, Facilities, and Social Responsibility
- Platinum Rating: For Employability and Academic Development
- Ranked No.1 in Research Capabilities
- University Instrumentation Centre (UIC)
- Support for Registering Patents and Copyrights
- Financial Support to present papers in National and International Conferences
ACADEMIC YEAR 2023-24 (JANUARY SESSION)
Manav Rachna University is a multidisciplinary & interdisciplinary research driven University. University invite on-line Applications from the eligible candidates for admission to Doctoral (Ph.D.) Programme as per UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedures for Awards of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2022 notified in the Gazette of India dated 07/11/2022.
Applications are invited for Ph.D. programme in Academic year 2023-24 (January session) in following Schools:
- School of Sciences (SOS): Department of Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- School of Engineering (SOE): Department of Computer Science & Technology, Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering and Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- School of Management & Commerce (SMC):Department of Management & Commerce
- School of Education & Humanities (SOEH): Department of Education & Humanities
- School of Law (SOL): Department of Law
AREAS OF EXPERTISE AVAILABLE IN THE DEPARTMENTS
Substantial research is being undertaken in the department(s) under various Schools. In an endeavour to carry forward the research impetus, the University offers Ph.D. programmes broadly, the research activities are going on in the following main areas:
- Computer Science & Technology:- Artificial Intelligence, Pattern Recognition, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Big Data Analysis, Block chain Technology, Search Engine and Hidden Web, Education Technology, Green Computing, Soft Computing, Genetic Algorithms, Communication Systems & Networks, Network Security, Computational Models & Optimization.
- Electronics & Communication:- Antenna Design, Affordable healthcare devices, Human machine interaction, Digital filter design, Computer Vision and Image Processing, Digital Hardware Design for Biomedical Instruments, VLSI Design, Power System Analysis, Internet of Things, Embedded System Design, Wireless Communication, Energy Harvesting, Solar Cells.
- Mechanical Engineering:- Tribology-Thin Film Lubrication (EHL/micro-EHL), Failure Phenomena, Solar Energy and its Applications, Turbo-machines, Thermal Engineering, Fluid Mechanics, Manufacturing, Robotics, Design Electric Vehicle.
- Management and Commerce:- Finance, Management, Accounting Strategy, Marketing, Human Resources, Organizational Behaviour, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Banking, Insurance, Green Management, Entrepreneurship, Consulting.
- Physics:- Electronic Structure Calculations, Simulation of Laser-Plasma acceleration, Photonics: short radiation pulse Generation, Laboratory Astrophysics Simulation, Ionospheric Physics, Nanotechnology, Nanoscience, Multiferroics materials, Spintronics, Organic Solar Cells and Solid State Physics
- Mathematics: – Algebra, Analysis, Ring Theory, Differential Geometry, Coding Theory, Wavelets, Approximation Theory, Fluid Mechanics, Mathematical Modelling, Operations Research.
- Chemistry:- Green synthesis of biofuels, Heterocyclic Compounds, Batteries, Detoxification of water and adsorbents, Corrosion, Heavy Metal Toxicity, Polymer Chemistry, Polymer electrolytes, Superabsorbent Polymers/Hydrogels, Catalysis, Molecular Modelling
- Education and Humanities :- Assessment and Evaluation, Educational Psychology, E-learning, School management and administration, Curriculum development, Value Education, Innovative Pedagogies, Research-Based Teacher Education, Peace & Sustainability, English, Political Science, History and Economics.
- Law:- International Arbitration, Corporate Law, Intellectual Property Rights Law, Human Rights, Constitutional Law, Public Law and Policy, Crime and Criminology, Trade Law, Business Law, Competition Law.
These are only indicative areas. Research can be pursued in other areas also.
DURATION OF Ph.D. PROGRAMME
- Ph.D. programme shall be for a minimum duration of three (3) years, including course work, and a maximum duration of six (6) years from the date of admission to the Ph.D. programme.
- A maximum of an additional two (2) years can be given through a process of re-registration as per the Statute/Ordinance of the Higher Educational Institution concerned. Provided further that, female Ph.D. scholars and Persons with Disabilities (having more than 40% disability) may be allowed an additional relaxation of two (2) years.
- Female Ph.D. Scholars may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave for up to 240 days in the entire duration of the Ph.D. programme.
PROCEDURE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS
All applications must be submitted online. The applicant can download a copy of the submitted application form from the application submission portal and furnish hardcopy of the application form with photograph and all the documentary evidence in original (testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research/professional experience) at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
ELIGIBILITY FOR Ph.D. PROGRAMMES
An applicant possessing any of the following qualifications shall be eligible to apply for admission to a Ph.D. programme of the University:
- A 1-year/2-semester master’s degree programme after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2-year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC, ST, OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently-abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time. Provided that a candidate seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC, ST, OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently-abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- Candidates who have completed the M.Phil. programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
SCHOLARSHIPS AT MRU:
- Research Fellowship (RF)
The scheme aims to encourage students and teachers to facilitate full time research in the University. It provides an opportunity to students to undertake research leading to Ph.D. in all the domains mainly in Engineering, Management, Sciences, Social Sciences, Education and Law etc.
Eligibility: The upper age limit for Research Fellowship (RF) is 35 years for men as on January 1st / July 1st of the year of application and 45 years for women. The candidates must have at least a first-class master’s degree with a second-class bachelor’s degree 55% high, or Second-class master’s degree (55% & above) with a first-class bachelor’s degree.
Financial assistance for Research Fellowship (RF) is as follows:
- Research Fellowship Rs. 31,000/ per month during 1st and 2nd year and Rs. 35,000/- per month in 3rd
- Scholar shall be eligible for the grant of contingency fund of Rs.15, 000/- per annum.
- Teaching Cum Research Assistantship (TRA)
Manav Rachna University offers Teaching Cum Research Assistantship (TRA), which provides financial assistance to registered Ph.D. scholars to pursue and complete their doctoral thesis. The assistantship shall be admissible to the candidates admitted to the Ph.D. program of the University under different faculties subject to fulfilment of the condition as prescribed.
- Candidate must have cleared Ph. D. Entrance Test of the University.
- Candidate should have been confirmed for Ph.D. registration in full time mode
- Ph.D. Candidates who are employed anywhere or getting any scholarship or financial assistance from any other University or any organisation shall not be eligible.
- The candidates who are UGC-NET and/or M.Phil. qualified will be preferred.
Financial assistance for Teaching cum Research Assistantship (TRA):
- The value of the Assistantship will be Rs.24, 000/- p.m. for a full time Ph. D for initial two years and Rs.30, 000/- p.m. for third year.
- Scholar shall be eligible for the grant of contingency fund of Rs.15,000/- per annum and this fund will be disbursed in two half yearly installments.
NUMBER OF SEATS AVAILABLE
No. of seats are dynamic depending upon the number of available supervisors & other learning resources.
|Name of the School||Name of the Department||No. of Seats Available|
|School of Engineering||Computer Science and Technology||10|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||5|
|School of Management & Commerce||Management and Commerce||5|
|School of Sciences||Sciences (Chemistry)||5|
|School of Education & Humanities||Education & Humanities||5|
|School of Law||Law||5|
- Applications for admission to Ph.D. programmes shall be invited through an open advertisement bi-annually, in April and November for pre-determined intake under each School.
- Applications shall be screened by a Scrutiny Committee constituted by the concerned Department. All the eligible candidates shall have to appear in a written test to be organized by MRU as per guidelines of UGC, followed by an interview to be conducted by Department Research Committee (DRC).
- Students who qualify for fellowship/scholarship in UGC-NET/ UGC- CSIR/ NET/ GATE/ CEED and similar National level tests are exempted from written test.
- Admission to the Ph.D. programme shall be based on merit in the Entrance of 100 Marks. The written test (70 Marks) of 90 minutes duration (MCQs) will be followed by Interview (30 Marks).
- The written test shall comprise of two sections:
Section A – Research Methodology and Aptitude (Logical Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, Numerical Ability, Statistics).
Section B – Subject Specific.
- Students who have secured 50 % marks in the entrance test are eligible to be called for the interview.
- University may decide the number of eligible students to be called for an interview based on the number of Ph.D. seats available.
- Non Resident Indian (NRI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals may be admitted to the program in accordance with the policy guidelines laid down by the Government of India.
FEES FOR Ph.D. PROGRAMME FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2023-24, SESSION JANUARY 2024
|Description||For Indian Ph.D. Scholars||For Foreign Ph.D. Scholars|
|Amount in Rs.||Remarks||Amount in USD||Remarks|
|Registration Fee||30,000/-||One time, to be paid at the time of registration.||500||One time, to be paid at the time of registration.|
|Course Work Fee||50,000/-||One time, to be paid at the time registration.||850||One time, to be paid at the time registration.|
|Semester Research Fee||40,000/-||Rs. 40,000/- to be paid while registering in the beginning of every semester.||1000||US $ 1000 to be paid at the time while registering in the beginning of every semester.|
|Thesis Evaluation Fee||40,000/-||One time, to be paid at the time of submission of Thesis.||750||One time, to be paid at the time of submission of Thesis.|
Note- The fees structure for the SAARC Countries scholars shall be at par with the Indian Ph.D. scholars.
Late Fee Rules- If a Research Scholar fails to deposit the semester fee on or before 31st Jan or 31st July, as the case may be, a fine shall be charged in the following manner
|S. No.||Point of Time of Late Fee||Fine|
|1||1st Feb-10th Feb/ 1st Aug-10th Aug||Rs. 100/- per day|
|2||11th Feb-20th Feb/ 11th Aug-20th Aug||Rs 1000 + Rs 300 per day|
|3||21st Feb-2nd March/ 21st Aug-31st Aug||Rs 4000+ Rs 500 per day|
If a Research Scholar fails to deposit fee with fine by March 2nd or August 31st as the case may be, the name of the Research Scholar shall be struck off from the university roll. In such eventuality, the Vice Chancellor may consider re-registration of the Research Scholar on valid grounds and recommendations of the Dean concerned and the student shall be required to pay re-registration charges of Rs 10,000/-.
- In case of withdrawal before last date of admission: full refund after deducting 5% as processing charges.
- In case of withdrawal between last date of admission and commencement of course work: Full refund after deducting Rs. 5000 as prescribed by the UGC in case of UG/PG programs.
- In case of withdrawal within 15 days of commencement of Course work: 50 % of fee will be refunded.
- No refund in case of withdrawal after 15 days of commencement of Course work
Relaxation- The following shall be applicable for the faculty and staff of MREI joining the Ph.D. program:
- Registration Fee: As applicable (one time to be paid at the time of registration).
- Coursework fee: Nil
- Research fee: Nil (during 3 years duration of the program on the condition that faculty shall submit a security bond on a non judicial paper duly attested by notary to serve the University at least 3 years after completion of Ph. D)
- Thesis Evaluation fee: As applicable (one time to be paid at the time of submission of the thesis).
Ph. D. ADMISSION CALENDAR
|Advertisement on Website||October 15th , 2023 (Sunday)|
|Last Date for e-form filling||January 10th , 2024( Wednesday)|
|Online Entrance Test||January 13th , 2024 (Saturday)|
|Declaration of Online Entrance Test Result||January 15th , 2024 (Monday)|
|Date of Interview to assess Research Acumen||January 17th -19th , 2024 (Wednesday-Friday)|
|Declaration of Result||January 23rd , 2024 (Wednesday)|
|Last date for Fee Payment (Ist Merit List)||January 29th , 2024 (Monday)|
|Last date for Fee Payment (Waiting List)||February 1st , 2024 (Thursday)|
|Registration and Orientation||February 3rd , 2024 (Saturday)|
|Commencement of Course Work Classes||February 3rd , 2024 (Saturday)|
Prof. (Dr.) Prinima Gupta
Ph.D. Program Coordinator
Prof. (Dr.) Manpreet Kaur
CST & ME
HoD-CST & DRC Chairperson
Prof. (Dr.) Charu Pathak
HoD-ECE & DRC Chairperson
Prof. (Dr.) Joginder Singh
HoD-ME & DRC Chairperson
Dr. Sandeep Kumar
HoD-Sciences & DRC Chairperson
Dr. Rashee Singh
Education & Humanities
HoD-SOEH & DRC Chairperson
Prof. (Dr.) Kanu Priya
Dean & HoD-Law & DRC Chairperson
Prof. (Dr.) Tanushri Purohit
Management & Commerce
HoD-SMC & DRC Chairperson
Ms. Sonu Kaul