About Manav Rachna Centre for Peace and Sustainability (MRCPS)
MRCPS was established under the guiding principles of the visionary and legendary academician and nation-builder, Dr. O.P. Bhalla, who championed the cause of knowledge, values, and ethics to establish peace and sustainability.
It is a hub of academic endeavors, training, research, community awareness programs, and more, dedicated to all spheres of peace and sustainability. Established on October 2, 2019, MRCPS envisions promoting peace and supporting the development of India’s peace operations through the power of youth. It is the epicenter of peace and sustainability activities, focusing on education, training, value inculcation, attitude formation, research, policy-making, collaboration, and networking.
MRCPS’s Advisory Board comprises luminaries such as Padma Vibhushan Dr. Karan Singh as Chairman, former Chairman of UGC, former member NDMA, Chairman of Terre Policy Centre, UNEP, Founder of WISCOMP, Head of the Department of Psychology at Delhi University, Chairperson of Bharat Soka Gakkai (BSG), and Retired Officer in Chief- Indian Army, among others.
MRCPS’s five verticals, namely PARASHAKTI (Women empowerment), PRAKARSH(Quality Education), SAHRITA (Environment conservation), SAMRIDDHA (Economic Development), and SADBHAV (Peace), focus on different six SDGs. The center has collaborated with UNESCO-MGIEP, IPRA, Heartfulness organization, among others. It encourages research projects under SDGs and introduced the Peace and Sustainability Student Club (MRPSC). MRPSC comprises Green Warriors striving for environment conservation, Peace Champions developing skills and attitude towards peace, and Gender Champions spreading awareness and putting efforts towards women’s empowerment.
MRCPS has undertaken several projects, such as Project Pahal (Educating under privilege), ESDP(Awareness of SDGs), Wall of Peace, Kuch kahna hai(Eradicating child abuse), and ANG(Adopt, Nurture and Grow plants), among others, to promote peace and sustainability among youth. The university received the WCDM DRR Awards for the work carried out by the MRCPS during the COVID-19 pandemic for mitigating its impact, which was given by the Hon’ble Shri G Kishan Reddy, Union Minister of Tourism, Culture, and Development, Government of India. It has also received the ‘Institutions of Happiness‘ award for fostering happiness in the academic environment at the QS I-Gauge Academic Excellence Conclave held at the India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
Vision & Mission
- To bring Peace & Sustainability to humanity.
- To study, educate, conduct training, and promote research in all spheres of Peace & Sustainability.
- To propose and promote creative and new approaches towards ensuring Sustainable Development and Peace at local, national and global level.
- To provide Education & Training in different aspects of Peace and Sustainable Development.
- To inculcate Values of Peace and Sustainability among students.
- To promote Research among youth in the area of Peace and Sustainability focusing on creation of sustainable communities with an attitude of health and wellbeing of all.
- To support Policy Making in the area of Peace at local, University, State and National level through research and experimentation.
- To promote Collaboration and Networking among promoters and practitioners.