Manav Rachna University has invigorated itself since its inception by harmonizing co-curricular and academic best practices. It is anticipated from higher educational institutions to design ideal practices for societal transformation by respecting diverse aptitudes. We have been dynamically involved in the growth and imparting of befitting resources. It is vital for a student to grow in an environment beholding social responsibility at the centre and become the flag bearers of the essential societal changes for their as well as organization’s growth. Keeping this tone of belief, Institutional Social responsibility in Manav Rachna University is of utmost priority. The unswerving approach of Manav Rachna University to the holistic development of students has lead university to sustain magnificent resources for activities in addition to the academic infrastructure and resources. Dean Students Welfare, Manav Rachna University acts as an interface between students and administration. It nurtures the holistic development of students making them competent civilian.
Manav Rachna University’s social initiatives can be considered as best practices for numerous reasons.
- The university has adopted several villages and has implemented sustainable development programs that focus on improving the socio-economic conditions of these areas. These programs are designed based on the needs and priorities of the local communities, which ensure that the efforts are aligned with the community’s aspirations and goals.
- The university’s social initiatives are not limited to providing material support, but also include community engagement and awareness drives. This approach creates a sense of ownership among the community members, which is essential for the sustainability of any development program.
- All the social initiatives are integrated into the curriculum, and the students are encouraged to participate in social activities and volunteer for social causes. This not only helps in the personal development of students but also creates a sense of responsibility towards the society and environment.
- All the initiatives have been recognized and awarded by various organizations, which is a testimony to the effectiveness and impact of these programs.
The university’s Green initiatives are not limited to providing material support, but also include community engagement and awareness drives. We advocates and supports the Green India initiative by the Govt. of India. We have a devoted Eco Club to cater to Eco friendly initiatives. University has adopted the following Villages for overall development under UBA. We participate and contribute towards rural development and extend support towards health, education, basic amenities and employment opportunities in the villages. Gender equality and diversity is fostered through various activities. Empowering women, visiting old age homes, activities spreading happiness, distributing basic amenities and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups are the strengths of our institutional initiatives.
The UN defines: “Development concerns not only man’s material needs, but also the improvement of social conditions of his life. Development is, therefore, not only economic growth but growth plus change-social, cultural and institutional as well as economic.” Resonating with the alikeness of the definition, Manav Rachna University takes pride in its social initiatives and strive each moment to make a small difference that can bring a sustainable change in future. Through initiatives like Adoption of Villages, Blood Donation Camps, we strive to inculcate the sense of community service in our students and the society. Ek Mutthi Daan, Sustainability projects, Vaccination Camps, Health Camps are some of the initiatives that help us in taking forward the vision and mission of our Founder Visionary, Dr. O.P. Bhalla to make quality education and health services accessible to all.
- Cleanliness Drives Under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Mega Blood Donation Camp
- Ek Mutthi Daan
- Drug awareness Initiatives
- Free Legal Awareness Drives and Camps
- Sustainable Development and Environment Protection
- Women Empowerment
- Adoption of NGOs
In Association With
Manav Rachna University is working jointly with organizations with and objective to bring about a positive change in society. Each organization has its unique focus, but they share a common goal of promoting social welfare and bringing about sustainable development in society. By working together, they are able to make a significant impact on the lives of people and contribute to the overall development of society.
- Dr OP Bhalla Foundation : The university shares the same thought process as the foundation and aims to improve the quality of life of people, nation, and the world through inclusive growth and development of society and its people while conserving the diversity of cultures, the world, environment, and the planet. The OP Bhalla Foundation has taken several initiatives in the areas of Personal Health and Hygiene of Women
- Earth Saviour foundation:The Earth Saviours Foundation is an internationally acclaimed and recognized non-profit organization which has been dedicated to serving the underprivileged, providing a safe haven for mistreated animals, and making every possible effort to protect the environment.
- Jeevandayini: It is an independent Society based in India focused on the cure of blood related disorders like Leukaemia, Thalassaemia and Aplastic and Sickle Cell Anaemia.
- Datri: DATRI Blood Stem Cell Donors Registry, is India’s largest Blood Stem Cell Donors Registry, has more than 5,10,256 donors registered. DATRI is working towards creating a wide and diverse database of potential Blood Stem Cell Donors that can be accessed by any patient living anywhere in the world in need of a Blood Stem Cell Donation.
- Prakash deep foundation: PRAKASHDEEP is a non-governmental, not for profit organization set up with the objective of providing free quality education, a substantial mid-day meal and basic medical care in a safe and friendly environment to the underprivileged children
- Jagriti Sewa Trust was formed with the primary purpose of ensuring an opportunity for education to all the poor and needy.
- Feeding India is a non-profit organization dedicated to eradicate hunger and improve malnutrition outcomes in India.
- Sheows: The Old Age Home is founded by Shri Vishram Manav, Dr. G.P. Bhagat, and Mr. Saurabh Bhagat, who have a selfless team to take care of elderly people and inmates who stay in the old age home.
- UBA Unnat Bharat Abhiyan: is inspired by the vision of transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging knowledge institutions to help build the architecture of an Inclusive India. The aim of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is to promote the development of rural India by encouraging higher education institutions to work with villages and rural communities to identify their development needs and find sustainable solutions to address them.
- Leo Club: Leo Club is a youth service organization affiliated with Lions Clubs International. The Leo Club’s mission is to provide young people with opportunities for personal development, leadership, and community service. The role of a Leo Club is to encourage young people to become actively involved in serving their communities and making a positive impact on the world around them.
ISR Activity Reports