Department of Mathematics
About the Department
Mathematics is an integral part of Engineering & Applied Sciences. We kindle the students to develop strong fundamentals of the subject and the skills required for solving scientific, technical, analytical and mathematical problems. The same is achieved through our well-defined teaching and learning process that includes problem solving sessions, open discussions during tutorials, seminars, workshop, projects etc. The department also equips the student with latest techniques for solving the problems manually as well as with the help of mathematical software. Read More
Highest package : 10 LPA (CTC)
- CBCS (Choice Based Credit System)
- A wide range of core and open elective courses as per Industry requirements
- Each Mathematics course is supplemented with a lab component
- Soft courses – Environmental Science, Quantitative Aptitude, Management, Ethics & Values, Communicative English
- Use of new mathematical tools such as MATLAB, SPSS, MAPLE, LaTeX, SciLAB, Mathematica etc.
- Amalgamation of Computer Science and Mathematics for Projects
- Research at Under-graduate and Post-Graduate levels
- MOOC Courses
- Foreign Language Courses
- Summer training
- Invited Lectures, Projects & Seminars
- Quantitative aptitude sessions for competitive exams.
- Imbibing new ideas through educational visits.
Mathematicians have vast opportunities in academia & industry. Student can go for teaching, Research, Higher Studies through CSIR-NET, GATE and CAT, Actuarial Sciences, MBA, Investment Manager,Research Labs, Numerical Analyst, Operations Research Analyst and Systems Analyst,Teacher, Market Researcher, Banking Sector, UPSC, Civil Services, Government Service, Space/Aircraft Industry etc.