Green Chemistry Club
Green Chemistry Club means an association of the nature lover students and faculty which is an active system providing the expertise and information of conservation of environment and green chemistry.
- Motivate the students to keep their surroundings green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees.
- Promote ethos of conservation of water by minimizing the use of water.
- Motivate students to imbibe habits and life style for minimum waste generation, source separation of waste and disposing the waste to the nearest storage point.
- Sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastic bags, not to throw them in public places as they choke drains and sewers, cause water logging and provide breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Organize tree plantation programmes, awareness programmes such as Quiz, essay, painting ,poster competitions regarding various environmental issues and educate children about re-use of waste material & preparation of products out of waste.
- Organize Nature Trail in Wild Life Sanctuaries/Parks/Forest areas to know about the Bio-diversity or any green process/energy conservation process.
- Organizing lectures, seminars and conference related to environment, green chemistry and sustainability.