Home » Centre of Foreign Languages » why learn
Reasons To Learn
German: Language With A Wide Reach
- Most widely spoken language in Europe.
- Business opportunities.
- Job prospects.
- Academic research.
- Germany is the world’s third biggest producer of books.
- Tourism and Travel.
French: For Art and Aesthetics
- A world language.
- Job opportunities.
- Improves your English
- Higher education
- Language Of Love
Spanish: A Transformative Experience
- Learning Spanish is necessary to keep pace with popular culture.
- Learning Spanish is actually a medical device.
- For many, learning Spanish is rapidly becoming a business necessity.
- Learning Spanish will (truly) expand your universe.
- Proficiency in Spanish will completely transform your travel experience.
- Ability to speak Spanish will enable you to help others.
- Learning Spanish will allow you to better appreciate Hispanic cultural contributions.
- Learning Spanish is fun.
Japanese: Makes Sound Business Sense
- Japan is the second largest economy in the world.
- Proficiency in Japanese brings business opportunities.
- Japanese is a gateway to other Asian languages & cultures.
- Japanese-speakers are the Internet’s third largest language group.
- Japanese people are innovators.
- Japanese cultural exports are exploding.
- Proficiency in Japanese will set you apart from the crowd.
- Japanese people are among the top international tourists.
- Japanese is a stepping stone to learning other Asian languages.
Chinese (Mandarin): Great for Employability and Empowerment
- Learning Chinese is a growing trend.
- Learning Chinese will improve your job prospects.
- Being able to communicate with 1.3 billion people.
- Very empowering.
- Learn Chinese – it’s good for your brain.
Arabic: Growing demand
- Arabic is the fifth most commonly spoken language in the world.
- Liturgical language of Islam.
- High demand and low supply of Arabic-speakers in the world.
- There are financial incentives for learning Arabic.
- Arabic-speaking nations are a rapid growing market for trade.
- Arabic-speaking peoples have made significant contributions to world civilization.
- Arabic-speaking world has a rich cultural heritage.
- Arabic can promote intercultural understanding.