Designation-Professor , Mechanical Engineering Department
• Ph.D., Industrial, Reliability and Maintenance Engineering, 2014 (CGPA-10) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
• M.Tech., Reliability Engineering, 2010 (CGPA-9.48), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, India,
• B .Sc (Engineering), Mechanical Engineering, 1993(78%), Bihar Institute of Technology (BIT) Sindri, Jharkhand,
• XII, PCM,1989 (88%), Delhi Public School, R.K.Puram, New Delhi, India
• X, 1987 (90.5%) , St. Xavier’s School, – Sahibganj, Jharkhand, India
1. Industrial Experience
• Senior Engineer (Mechanical), Indian Air Force, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh (Oct 15-Sep16)
First and Second line Maintenance of Frontline Fighter Aircraft and associated mechanical systems like Armament,
Refueling, Workshop, Mechanical laboratories e.t.c Quality Audit and Inspections of all Maintenance Activities
• Chief Engineer (CE) ,MRO, Indian Air Force, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh ( Oct 06 – Jul 08) Overhaul and Depot level repair of Aero Engines Indigenization and Manufacturing. Quality assurance and control through inspections, Quality Audit and SPC. Defect Investigations Reliability Analysis , Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
Production Planning and Control
• Engineering Officer (EO), Fighter Aircraft Maintenance, Indian Air Force : Hasimara, West Bengal (Nov 02- Sep
06), Jaisalmer, Rajasthan ( Jun 00 – Nov 02), Bareilly , Uttar Pradesh (May 95-July 99), Bangalore, Karnataka (Nov
93-Apr 95) First and Second line Maintenance of Frontline Fighter Aircraft. Quality Audit and Inspections of all Maintenance Activities
2. Teaching Experience
• Professor and Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Manav Rachna University, Faridabad, October
Courses: Industrial Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Total Quality Management, Statistical process control.
• Commanding Officer, Aircraft Maintenance Certification Unit , Indian Air Force, (May99-June00) and (April13-
Courses: Industrial Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Quality Engineering, SPC
3. Research Experience
Cluster Head (Mechanical) of Manav Rachna Innovation and Incubation Center (MRIIC), MREI, Faridabad (Oct 16
• Research Scholar (Ph.D.), Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India, (Jan 11-Dec 13), Advisor: Dr. Nomesh
• Chief Project Engineer, Central Servicing and Development Organization, Indian Air Force, New Delhi, (July 10-
April 13)Developed numerous Models and Methodologies for carrying out Reliability Analysis in Indian Air Force
• M. Tech Project, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, India (July 08 – July 10).
• MiG-25 Aircraft First and Second Line Maintenance – Certified on First (“O” Level) and Second (“I” Level)
Airframe and Aero Engine systems of MiG-25 Aircraft (November 1996 to Present)
• MiG-27 Aircraft First and Second Line Maintenance – Certified on First (“O” Level) and Second (“I” Level) and
Fourth (“D” Level) Airframe and Aero Engine systems of MiG-27 Aircraft (June 2003 to Present)
• Quality Assurance services (QAS Aerospace) – This certification is for providing QAS for overhaul,
manufacturing and Industrial engineering Line of a Base Repair Depot. (October 2005 to Present)
• Lead Auditor IS/ISO 9001:2008 QMS – Certified by National Institute of Training for Standardization
(Bureau of Indian Standards) on Quality Management Systems. (October 2011 to Present)
•Gold Medal for securing first position in Mig-27 Maintenance Certification Course, Indian Air Force, June 2005 –
this award was given for scoring Exceptional” Grade in MiG-27 Maintenance Certification Course and also Topping
the entire course. The course was for six months duration.
• Achieved highest production of indigenized items at 4 BRD in year 2008 for which AOC-IN-C Commendation was
awarded in the year 2009.
He is an accomplished Engineer with over 23 years experience in the field of Aerospace Reliability, Quality and Maintenance Engineering, My key areas of expertise with an Industrial experience of 15 years in Indian Air Force, teaching experience of 04 years and research experience of 04 years include, but are not limited to the following:
(a) First and Second line Maintenance on two frontline fighters as Senior Engineer (SE) at three frontline fighter bases.
(b) Fourth line Maintenance (Repair, Indigenization, Manufacturing Overhaul and quality control) as Chief Engineer (CE) at Base Repair Depot (BRD).
(c) Research and Development (Development of Reliability models and methodologies for Qualitative and Quantitative analysis of field failure data and development of fleet specific Publications) as Chief project Engineer (CPE) at Central servicing and Development Organization (CSDO).
(d) Academic experience as Commanding officer (CO) of two technical type training schools (Tettra) and presently heading Mechanical Engineering Department at Manav Rachna University, Faridabad, a NAAC “A” Accredited Institute.
(e) Ph.D. in Reliability, Maintenance and Industrial Engineering (CGPA 10.00) from IIT Delhi and M Tech in Reliability Engineering (CGPA 9.46) from IIT Kharagpur.
(f) Authored 23 Publications out of which 07 papers are in peer reviewed indexed international journals including IEEE Transactions and I Mech E. One paper is under review. Presently working on two books and four research papers.
(g) Published 06 papers on Aerospace Reliability and Maintenance Management in Indian Air Force and 10 papers in International and National Conferences.
(h) Conducted Classes on Industrial, Reliability, Maintenance and Quality Engineering at all Levels.