The objective is to make the drab walls of the University a little more dynamic and artistic in nature through abstract artwork representing the different faculties, thus creating a sense of identity.
Theme of the Event
The theme is to accurately represent different streams of the Faculty (Engineering, Architecture, Management, Humanities, Dentistry, Health Science & Nutrition and Education etc.) through abstract artwork.
Base: Stage I: A-1 Size sheets and Stage II: Walls
Date: 1st Feb, 2017 for first stage and 2nd Feb, 2017 second stage
Event Timings: 10:00 AM-12:00PM for first stage on 1st Feb 2017, 9:00AM- 2:00PM for second stage on 2nd Feb 2017
Venue: E-F Central Lawn
Prize Money: First Prize: Rs. 3000/-, Second Prize: Rs. 2000/-(Certificates for all the participants)
Entry Fees: Rs 400/- per team.
Judgement criteria: Judgement will be based on representation of theme, creativity, originality, artistry and presentation.
The event will be in two stages. In the first stage participants will be given A1 size sheet to show their creativity on the given theme. After completing first phase, top ten participants (as per judges’ decision) will get the opportunity to paint the walls. The walls will then be judged to select final top two winners.
- It is a team event. However, individuals are welcome too.
- A team may have 1-4 members.
- Participants will be given 2 hours to complete their artwork on sheets in first stage and thereafter next day top 10 participants will get 5 hours to show their talent on walls in second stage.
- In first stage A-1 size sheets will be provided. No walls or other infrastructure should be used for the same without permission of authorities.
- Art piece can be monochromatic or coloured.
- Participants must not bring any electronic gadget as references.
- Participants must reach the venue 1 hour prior to the event.
- Judges’ decision will be considered as the final one.
- Participants must bring their college identity cards along with them.
- Organizers will have the full ownership and copyright of the final canvas.
- For first stage, organizers will provide sheets only, participants should bring their own colours , brushes and other tools. For second Stage primary and black & white colours will be provided by organizers for wall graffiti. Participants can bring their own additional material as well.
- Prizes will be distributed only after completion of Second Stage.