POWER GRID CORPORATION OF INDIA
A “Navaratna” Central Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Power is a Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India and the largest Electric Power Transmission Utility. Listed since 2007, Power Grid Corporation of India Limited has been rated “Excellent” under Memorandum of Understanding with Ministry of Power since 1993-94 and with a credit rating of ‘AAA’ by CARE,CRISIL & ICRA, the best credit rating agencies of India.
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited has a mission to become a Global Transmission Company with dominant leadership in emerging power trend markets by setting superior standards in capital project management and operations, leveraging capabilities to consistently generate maximum value for all stakeholders in India and in emerging and growing economies.
It also aims to inspire, nurture and empower the next generation of professionals by achieving continuous improvements through innovation and state of the art technology.
It is also committed to highest standards in health, safety, security and environment
In line with this mission, the objectives of Power Grid Corporation of India Limited are as follows:-
- Undertake transmission of electric power through Inter-State Transmission System.
- Discharge all functions of planning and coordination relating to Inter-State Transmission System with-
- State Transmission Utilities
- Central Government
- State Government
- Generating Companies
- Regional Power Committees
- Any other person notified by the Central Government in this behalf.
- To ensure development of an efficient, coordinated and economical system of inter-state transmission lines for smooth flow of electricity from generating stations to the load centers.
- Efficient Operation and Maintenance of Transmission Systems.
- Restoring power in quickest possible time in the event of any natural disasters like super-cyclone, flood etc. through deployment of Emergency Restoration Systems.
- Provide consultancy services at national and international levels in transmission sector based on the in-house expertise developed by the organization.
- Participate in long distance Trunk Telecommunication business ventures.
- Ensure principles of Reliability, Security and Economy matched with the rising / desirable expectation of a cleaner, safer, healthier Environment of people, both affected and benefited by its activities.
MRIU is thankful to PGCI for contributing to National Media Conclave and thereby in building an inclusive, vibrant and value based society.