- Resource Person: Dr. Niteesh Kumar Upadhyay, Associate Professor, Symbiosis Law School, Noida
- Venue: GB-02
- Date : 7th October 2023
- Time: 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Participants: 25
- Objective: To provide guidance for publication in Scopus/ WOS Indexed Journals
School of Law organized an expert talk on the topic “Publication in Scopus/WOS Indexed Journals on 7th October 2023 at 10:30 AM in G block. The lecture was delivered by Dr. Niteesh Kumar Upadhyay, Associate Professor, Symbiosis Law school, Noida. The focus of the talk was on the procedure of publication in Scopus indexed journals.
The session started with formal welcome of the speaker by Prof. (Dr.) Kanu Priya, Dean School of Law, and Introduction of Expert Speaker. The Resource person shared his experience on how to get the research papers published in Scopus/WOS indexed journals. The speaker gave insights into the criteria of publication in Scoupus indexed journals. The ways to search for authentic material for research purposes and to refine search were discussed. The dos and dont’s while sending research paper for publication were described. The speaker also shared guidelines to check the dubious journal. The need to identify the right journal was emphasized. The Speaker shared the authentic websites and softwares’ that can be helpful in research. The importance of reading books for research was also emphasized. Plagiarism and other ethical issues were discussed. The speaker also emphasized that one should aim to write minimum 100 words in one day and have target to publish minimum one research paper in Scopus indexed journal every six months. The procedure of submission was thoroughly explained. The session concluded with Q and A session.
The session provided comprehensive understanding of the process of publication and guidance to enhance the research skills.
- Clarity on process and guidelines for publication of research paper in Scopus/WOS indexed journals.
- Understanding the importance of the publication in Scopus/WOS Indexed journals and specifically in journals that are Q1, Q2 and Q3 journals.