- Assessment of Chitraka Pokhar Pond at Mohna Village
- Present status of the pond: It has almost dried up due to shrunken and blocked storm water drains diverting water to the pond.
- Increasing scarcity of water in the village
- Receding ground water table
- Blocked storm drain & high rain/runoff water losses
- Unauthorized construction near the pond
- Awareness among the villagers regarding pond and water quality
Assessment: MR team conducted a preliminary survey to prepare a report on the same before the final revival process. The team has taken samples to analyze the physicochemical and biological status of pond soil and water.